When we hear of Bitcoin’s use case, we often get to hear many narratives.
But to me, one of the fundamental use cases is to be able to allow value transfer from one person to another or one business to another in a totally transparent and censorship-resistant way.
Satoshi Nakamoto made this possible with his creative genius powers almost a decade ago. Today, years later, Bitcoin continues to serve that purpose; which simply means it works marvelously.
That’s why businesses around the world have started accepting Bitcoins for their trades.
However, if I don’t accept the fact that many have actually started ditching BTC due to the recent exorbitant transaction fees, I would be wrong.
Wait a minute.
That’s not a problem that cannot be solved, and cryptographers, as well as developers, are working on solutions such as Lightning Networks and Atomic Swaps to make Bitcoin very much relevant for payments.
Moreover, you can use one of these best Bitcoin debit cards on any store that accepts Visa cards.
Travel and hotel websites that accept Bitcoin & Crypto:
- Travala: Travala is a hotel and accommodation booking portal with 500,000+ hotels. You can make a hotel booking using Bitcoin, XRP, BNB, TUSD and various other cryptos.
- Travelbybit: An online travel booking platform to book hotels and flights. When I checked last time, the flight booking price was 10% higher than the usual and booking experience was not as great due to lack of time selection. However, these small issues could be fixed easily with time. For now, I welcome another travel site that accepts Bitcoin and Altcoins.
- Greitai: This is a popular flight, hotels, car rentals search engine. You can book using Bitcoin and more than 20 altcoins.
- Expedia: A popular travel company that aggregates hotel and flight prices for you on demand for free.
- Bitcoin.Travel: Book your travel flight tickets, hotels, rentals, cars, tours, and activities and plan your travel in BTC.
- CheapAir: CheapAir.com is an American online travel agency.
Stores That Accept Bitcoin
Keeping all this in mind, companies, and stores that have decided to stick with Bitcoin are as follows:
- Amazon via Purse: This is a little known secret that you can buy products from all Amazon store using Bitcoin. The best part is, you will be saving anywhere from 1-30% when you use Bitcoin. Purse is a well-known service that let you achieve this. For detailed tutorials, read how to buy Amazon products using Bitcoin via Purse.
- Newegg: Newegg an online retailer of items including computer hardware and consumer electronics.
- Cointracking: This is a cryptocurrency portfolio app that accepts Bitcoin as payment. This is what we use here at CoinSutra for managing the portfolio.
- ExPressVPN: A popular VPN service that accepts Bitcoin as a payment option.
- PureVPN: Another VPN service that accepts Bitcoin as a payment. For more options, check out no logs VPN.
- Overstock: A popular online shopping store that sells virtually anything you would need.
- Microsoft: Microsoft is accepting Bitcoin for Windows and Xbox sales.
- eGifter: An online gift cards & group gifting company that accepts BTC and LTC.
- KFC Canada: KFC needs no introduction and this a significant step towards mass adoption.
- NameCheap: The ICANN accredited domain registrar also accepts BTC for domains and web hosting.
- Shopify: A platform that helps others launch their own customized e-commerce stores
- Gyft-Is an online gifting website where you can buy a gift for Bitcoin.
- Subway: It is a fast-food restaurant franchise that primarily sells submarine sandwiches and salads.
- Playboy: An American global media and lifestyle company
- Dish: A popular Satellite television provider and also an internet service provider accepts BTC.
- Intuit Labs: Intuit Labs is the company behind Tax preparatory software and accounting software, Quick books and it accepts BTC.
- QHoster: Hosting and VPS service.
Nafa is an online store from India that sells online gift cards for popular merchants such as Flipkart, Bookmyshow, PVRCinemas to name a few. You can buy all these store gift cards using Bitcoin and a few other cryptocurrencies. At the moment of updating this guide, the store uses Coinbase Commerce to accept Bitcoin and other popular cryptocurrencies.
Visit Nafa (For Indian users)
Conclusion: Websites That Accept Bitcoins
There is a neat trick that you can use to spend Bitcoin oo a website that doesn’t accept it. The solution is using a Bitcoin debit card.
If you are an online or an offline business, you should start accepting Bitcoin. After all, cryptocurrencies also need a helping hand to thrive amongst the masses.
But accepting cryptocurrencies like BTC can be very tricky because of their wild volatility.
That’s why to make your life simpler, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency payment gateways and processors are present in the market to insulate you from the wild volatility.
For Bitcoins, here is the list of payment processors that you can integrate instantly: 7 Popular Bitcoin Payment Gateways For Merchants.
Now it’s time to hear from you:
Do you own a business that accepts Crypto payments?
Or have you used BTC at any of these stores/businesses to buy any services or goods?
Have you started accepting/spending cryptocurrencies like BTC?
How has your experience been?
Did I miss any major players/businesses on this list?
Do let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Here are a few other hand-picked articles that you should read next:
- This Is How You Can Use iTunes Gift Cards To Buy Bitcoins
- How & Where To Buy QTUM: A Beginner-Friendly Guide
- How To Convert Litecoin (LTC) To Bitcoin (BTC)
- How Long Does It Take To Transfer Bitcoins And Why?
- What Are Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs)?
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.