- Is MEXC Global a reliable exchange?
- What are the pros and cons of the MEXC exchange?
- Should we trust MEXC Global exchange with our money?
Moving one step ahead, recently I discovered another upcoming exchange named MEXC, and after using it for over 6 months, here I’m sharing my detailed review of the MEXC Global exchange.
So without further delay, let’s have a look at MEXC Global crypto exchange, its features, and the benefits of using it.
Create a free account on MEXC Global exchange (10% off trading fees)
What is MXC exchange?
MEXC is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange that was established in 2018 in Seychelles, East Africa, and has been recently picking a lot of interest around the globe. The core embers of the team come from world-class enterprises and financial companies, who have rich experience in blockchain and financial industries.
MXC has compliance licenses in 5 countries including Switzerland, Canada, Australia, and the United States. The exchange has listed around 371 coins (752 pairs) with a daily trade volume of approximately USD 4 Billion.
Features of MXC Exchange
The major features of the exchange are:
Spot Trading and Margin Trading
A user can spot or margin trade in all the 371 coins listed on the exchange. New coins and projects are being added at a regular interval, and you will find popular DeFi, NFT, Polkadot coins on this exchange, which may not be listed elsewhere. In fact, MEXC was one of the first exchanges to list wrapped NXM tokens, and some of the popular DeFi tokens.
- Currently, MEXC Index Product includes major cryptocurrency index, halving cryptocurrency index, public chain index, and Defi asset index, etc.
- For example, a user can invest in Grayscale Portfolio Index
The major benefit of an ETF is:
- Risk spreading (as risk is spread over a group of assets) and
- Energy Saving (by investing in an ETF a user indirectly invests in all the underlying assets of the ETF which saves him from the hassle of researching himself)
- The perpetual contract is a derivative that differs from traditional futures. There is no expiry or settlement and no time limit for position holding, unlike in the futures contract.
- This works on a Funding mechanism where payments are exchanged between the buyer and the seller every 8 hours. If the rate is positive, then longs will pay and shorts will receive the rate, and vice versa if the rate is negative.
- The funding mechanism of the perpetual contracts keeps the contract price close to the price of the underlying asset.
POS (Proof of Stake) Staking
- Users who hold relevant tokens can join MEXC PoS Pool and earn yield.
- There are two types of PoS available for users – “Staking” and “Savings”.
Benefits of using MEXC Exchange
- User-Friendly Interface – MEXC has a very interactive user interface that supports both light and dark mode.
- Mobile App – the exchange has a mobile application for android and iOS devices to keep the user updated on the go. The app is fully functional and if you enjoy trading on mobile, the app will keep you engaged.
- User Feedback response–the development team is very proactive with the user feedback which leads to a quick resolution of user queries
- MX Defi – this is the Unique Selling Point of MEXC, which makes it ahead of the rest. DeFi staking allows a user to have benefits of yield mining in the most attractive Defi projects. The interface is simple to use and offers various products that would benefit the end-user.
- User Education–MEXC has several videos and textual tutorials to guide a user through the features of the exchange.
- Community and Social media presence–MEXC Twitter handle (@MXC_Exchange) has more than 50,000 followers. The community size and presence of the exchange explain users’ confidence in the platform.
Security and Compliance:
- With regulators and authorities across the world keenly looking at crypto exchanges and their adherence to security and regulatory compliance, MEXC has taken extra steps to ensure maximum security protocols on the platform.
- MEXC technical team has built a dedicated state-of-the-art security risk control system and an anti-DDOS system with its extensive experience in the digital asset industry. Based on security designs such as multi-signature, offline signature, and layered architecture, MEXC stores its digital assets in a cold wallet, escorting every investor in the most critical aspects.
MXC Trading Fee and Trading Volume:
- There is no fee for the deposit of funds on the exchange
- Trading fee is 0.2% of the transaction value. Though trading fees could be reduced by holding MX token, which is a native token of the platform. More on it, later.
- Further, MXC charges a fee to withdraw funds from the exchange, which is a standard practice in the crypto exchange world.
MX Token: Platform token
Like Binance in-house token BNB, MXC exchange has an in-house token called MX. There are various utilities of MX token, and that is something we will look in this section.
MX token holders can enjoy a series of rights and interests including MX appreciation, assets appreciation, rebates on platform revenue, supervision, voting, etc. MXC rewards the users who contribute to system liquidity by 51% of MX through”trading mining and token-based rebates”. Likewise, it rewards MXC community users through the mining incentive mechanism so as to enable them to enjoy the rights to the MXC community by holding MX.
Its total circulation is 3 billion constantly and never be added. MX can be obtained in two ways: mining and buying.
- 100% of profits earned by the exchange from the spot and ETF trading are used to buy back MX Token,
- A 20% discount on a trading fee on spot trading,
- Token holders can vote on listing new coins
- Participation in MX Defi yield farming
Note: Some of the information regarding MX tokens is picked from their old white paper. Unfortunately, I could not find an updated white paper, and this is something the team should consider adding to their website.
What I don’t like about MEXC?
Like every good thing has room for improvement, the MXC exchange has a few features missing that would make it a remarkable crypto exchange. The one thing that I feel MXC exchange is missing is the partnership. It should partner with other tools like 3Commas, Koinly so that users can use 3rd party trading terminals, trading bots, crypto taxation software, and more. I believe this is something the marketing team should focus on, and make MXC accessible via these popular 3rd party crypto trading tools and services. This would not only give more exposure to the MEXC exchange but would also help the exchange get more liquidity.
Another thing that could make more difference is, the founding team could be more public and do more webinars, and live events. This would increase more trust and add more credibility to the platform.
Another thing the MEXC marketing team could do is to publish a whitepaper, and have a blog like every trustable and reliable crypto exchange out there.
Is MXC exchange a scam?
We did not experience any issue with the withdrawals, however Reddit and Bitcoin talk forum have a few posts where users have complained about wrongdoing.
There are some accusations that there was a substantial volume of a particular asset and no price movement on the exchange.
Conclusion: MEXC exchange review
MEXC is a revolutionary digital asset exchange project which has a great potential of becoming a leading exchange in the crypto industry. The user-friendly interface and a prompt reaction to the user feedback make it a favorite of users. They are constantly adding extra features, and so far there is no episode of hacking associated with MEXC exchange. The trust score of this exchange is medium, and it looks like a reliable exchange to trade on.
The exchange experience is not one of the top-notch, but they compensate for that by offering some of the best crypto projects, which are not available anywhere else. In fact, by monitoring the new coin listing at MEXC, you may find the next gem.
Create an account on MEXC (10% trading fees discount)
The above sign-up link helps you save 10% on trading fees, which you would not get if you sign up directly.
Finally, for a long-term investor and an ambassador of emerging technology projects, this is an exchange no one would want to miss.
Now it is your turn to let me know about your experience and review of the MEXC global exchange. What are all features you liked and what are a few things you want them to improve in the days to come?
Does MEXC Global exchange allow users from the US?
As reported by CoinSutra users from the USA, the MEXC exchange does not allow registrations from the USA. However, users can use a VPN like NordVPN to access and register at MEXC Global exchange but at their own risk.
Does MXC Exchange require KYC?
For withdrawals up to 0.1 BTC a day, you don’t need KYC. However, for higher withdrawal, you need to do KYC. See the screenshot below that clearly shows the limit for KYC requirement of MEXC Exchange.
Harsh Agrawal is the Crypto exchange and bots expert for CoinSutra. He founded CoinSutra in 2016, and one of the industry’s most regarded professional blogger in the fin-tech space.
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. He has a background in both finance and technology and holds professional qualifications in Information technology.
An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.
- What is MXC exchange?
- Features of MXC Exchange
- Benefits of using MEXC Exchange
- Security and Compliance:
- MXC Trading Fee and Trading Volume:
- MX Token: Platform token
- Conclusion: MEXC exchange review