It is 2020 and Bitcoin is eleven years old now.
Back in 2010-11, it wasn’t as easy to buy Bitcoins, but today, you have a plethora of options for purchasing Bitcoins.
Some of these ways are:
- Buying Bitcoins for cash
- Buying Bitcoins from ATMs
- Buying Bitcoins from exchanges via wire transfer
- Buying Bitcoins using debit/credit cards
- Buying Bitcoins using iTunes gift cards
You see there are several ways through which one can purchase Bitcoins but amongst these, the last option of buying Bitcoins is relatively unknown.
Many buyers of Bitcoins remain uninformed about this avenue even when they have iTunes gift cards that they are not using.
That’s why it is essential to discuss this avenue too. And this method can also be used during the days when exchanges get overloaded and suspend new registrations.
So let’s get in and see some of the services that allow you to buy Bitcoin with iTunes gift cards.
How To Buy Bitcoin With iTunes Gift Card
Paxful is the equivalent of eBay for Bitcoin. It is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling Bitcoin-based out of New York City. And for the same, it supports more than 300 payment ways including payment with iTunes gift card.
- Fees: Seller pays 1% to Paxful, buyer pays to a seller for converting gift cards to BTC.
- Countries Supported: All countries.
- Additional Comments: Relatively unknown, less traction but works.
Note: The volume remains low on this exchange, but still you can go ahead and purchase BTC with an iTunes gift card via Paxful. Also, be sure to select a highly reputable seller for your deal.
The Coin Portal (Cointal) is also a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency marketplace. It’s also the first peer-to-peer marketplace for Ripple and Ethereum too. And here, the company’s objective is to simplify the purchase of cryptocurrencies by connecting sellers with buyers, and offering endless methods of payment. And the good thing is they even support deals where buyers can buy BTC for iTunes gift card.
Here is a sneak peek into their open orders:
- Fees: 1% fee when selling.
- Countries Supported: Worldwide
- Additional Comments: Relatively new but working.
LocalBitcoins is another famous Bitcoin start-up company that facilitates peer-to-peer Bitcoin trading. It is based out of Finland and has been functional since 2012. It is a very reputed site to buy bitcoins from sellers around the world. And the good news is, it supports more than 30 payment methods including dealings in iTunes gift cards!
- Fees: Buyer/Sellers who create ads are charged 1% fee for every completed trade.
- Countries Supported: All countries.
- Additional Comments: Old site, reliable and trusted.
Note: I couldn’t find sellers of BTC for iTunes, but you will usually find deals here.
Now you know that you have options to buy Bitcoin with iTunes gift card, but I know these options are very few. But every day the cryptosphere is growing by leaps and bounds, so in the future, you can expect a lot more services like this.
Also, for now, if you don’t find deals on these services directly, the obvious workaround is to sell your gift card for fiat. And then use that fiat to buy Bitcoin from cash or via bank deposits directly. Some reliable online stores buy unused/used gift cards to resell it.
Lastly, if you have questions or doubts about the listed services, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below 🙂
Here are a few other articles for you to read next:
- Investing In Cryptocurrencies 101: A Beginner’s Guide
- 8 Best Websites/Ways To Buy Bitcoins In UK
- Best Ways To Buy Bitcoins Without ID (How To Buy Bitcoins Anonymously)
- Coinmama Review: Analyzing If It Is Safe And Reliable
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. He has a background in both finance and technology and holds professional qualifications in Information technology.
An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.