I was recently talking to a friend who wanted to spend Ethereum. But he wasn’t sure on what.
And then it dawned on me that many people out there, just like my friend, might have the same question.
Ethereum, undoubtedly, has proven to be the most successful altcoin so far and is also expected to continue to grow in the future due to the network effects that it has achieved thus far.
Moreover, unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum is very fast. By fast, I mean its ability to confirm transactions is far more superior than Bitcoin. The average time Bitcoin takes in receiving one confirmation is 10 minutes whereas Ethereum can do the same in less than a minute.
Well, I know some of you might point out to me that it doesn’t take Ethereum less than a minute to confirm a transaction anymore. We may argue, but it is still much faster than Bitcoin.
Plus, Bitcoin transaction fees keeps fluctuating a lot. It touched $50 in December 2017, a ridiculous amount. This resulted in many merchants and businesses closing their doors on Bitcoin to be accepted as the payment method.
Many merchants went by and took alternative currencies like DASH or Bitcoin Cash for processing their transactions. And at the same time, many resorted to the second most popular cryptocurrency i.e. Ethereum.
So you see this temporary problem of Bitcoin proved to be a catalyst for the adoption of other currencies.
Companies That Accept Ethereum
2. Snel.com– A VPS hosting service that accepts Ethereum.
3. Cryptoart–Cryptoart is a digital currency of physical form. Each piece is a hand-assembled limited edition Giclée print with the unique ability to securely store currency like Bitcoin.
4. Chicago Gem Shop– Shop gems online with Ethereum.
5. 1000 EcoFarms– Online store to buy fresh farm products in ETH.
6. Laptop Power Bank– Buy laptop power bank for ETH.
7. Peddler.com- Buy anything from this e-commerce store for ETH.
8. FlokiNet– Cloud hosting and domain seller.
9. QHoster– Hosting and VPS service.
10. Amagi Metals– Buy Gold and Silver for ETH.
11. Bitgild– Precious metal seller accepting ETH.
12. Ujo Music– Buy music for ETH
There is a longer list of Ethereum accepting merchants which you can see here.
If you are an online or a offline business you should start accepting cryptocurrencies like Ethereum. You can also start accepting Bitcoin and Ethereum together as the transaction fees for Bitcoin has lowered after the December 2017 mayhem.
For this, you will need to implement crypto payment gateways that process Ethereum and Bitcoin like cryptocurrencies. For Bitcoin here is the list: 7 Popular Bitcoin Payment Gateways For Merchants.
And for Ethereum you can use payment gateways like:
Now it’s time to hear from you: Do you own a business? Have you started accepting cryptocurrencies? How has your experience been? Did I miss any major players/businesses on this list? Do let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Here are a few other hand-picked articles that you should read next:
- A Look At The Top Cryptocurrencies From Different Categories
- How To Instantly Buy Ethereum With A Credit/Debit Card
- 8 Best Websites/Ways To Buy Bitcoins In UK
- The Top 10 Best Ethereum Wallets (2019 Edition)
- Top Wallets To Store ERC20 Tokens
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!
Harsh Agrawal is the Crypto exchanges and bots experts for CoinSutra. He founded CoinSutra in 2016, and one of the industry’s most regarded professional blogger in fintech space.
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. He has a background in both finance and technology and holds professional qualifications in Information technology.
An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.