The other day I decided to make a small investment on an ICO & for that, I needed to use an Ethereum smart contract enabled wallet like MyEtherwallet or MIST. The ICO was for Voice & it looked like an interesting concept. Moreover, this was my first time investing in ICO & using a Smart contract feature of Ethereum, that got me excited more. However, I was stuck when trying to send Ethereum (ETH)to crowd sale address using my Ledger Nano S.
In this quick tutorial, you will learn one basic yet very important thing about using Ledger Nano S with MyEtherewallet or other such browser based wallet. Think of this as the foundation of using Ledger Nano S, as you would be using this feature more often in coming days. MyEtherWallet let you define Gas value as well when you are sending a transaction.
Let’s move ahead.
How to enable Browser support in Ledger Nano S for MyEtherWallet?
- Head over to MyEtherewallet & Click on Send Ether & Tokens
- Select Ledger Nano S from the option
- Before you click on “Connect to Ledger Nano S” you need to enable the browser support from Ledger Nano S device.
- To make it easier for you to understand, I have made this quick video that explains how to enable browser support in Ledger Nano S
- That’s it, once you have enabled it, now you need to click on “Connect to Ledger Nano S” at MyEtherwallet
- Aslo enable Contract data
- Do remember, you need to have Ledger Nano S Firmware > 1.2. If you are using an older version, it won’t work. Here is the tutorial to update your ledger Nano S firmware
If your firmware is > 1.2 then you would get the option like this to connect to your Ethereum wallet on Ledger Nano S
From here, you can start sending/receiving Ethereum using MyEtherwallet.
Easy is int it? Well, I was wondering from which settings I need to enable browser support. That was it!
We also have few more video guides for Ledger Nano S. If you have not started using this hardware wallet & use an exchange to keep ETH or BTC, you are making a big mistake. You should order Ledger Nano S & start using it for holding your cryptocurrencies. It supports many other altcoins like Litecoin, Dash, Ripple to name a few.
Here are the videos that would help you get started with Ledger Nano S.
We have more tutorials & guides coming up. If you have not yet subscribed to CoinSutra blog, you should do that right away.