How many times has it so happened that you have missed buying your favorite cryptocurrency simply because you could not track it all day and missed the price point where you could have actually purchased it?
I am sure that all of us who want to trade cryptocurrencies at the right time must have been in such a situation often.
This happens mainly because the crypto market is volatile and cryptocurrency volatility gives us the opportunity to benefit largely from it. However, the timing is crucial here.
You have to be on the top of price movements if you want to make a positive use of this volatility. But it is practically impossible to track prices every minute of the day, given most of us have other errands to run too.
But there are some tools out there that can track prices on our behalf and notify us quickly when the buy/sell price is as per our requirements. However, most of these tools are quite technical which keeps regular users at bay.
It would be great to have a tool that tracks all these price movements for us, notify us in the real-time and at the same time is as easy as an excel spreadsheet to use. Wouldn’t it?
Well, guess what! I have found one such tool.
The tool is ‘Track My Crypto’, a Google Sheets Add-on that lets you add your favorite cryptocurrencies on a google spreadsheet with your target zone prices and simultaneously generates email alerts for you.
I just set it up to test it out and it is absolutely fantastic. The best part – it is super easy to use.
Here is quick sneak-peek into the add-on.
Track My Crypto: Features
Some of the notable features of this add-on are:
- Track cryptocurrencies using a single spreadsheet
- Mail alerts when the present price point is crossed
- Market values in one of the supported currencies
- Subscribe/unsubscribe anytime
- Change alert threshold price point anytime you want
- Auto refresh values on open
How To Use-Track My Crypto
- Add Cryptocurrencies
1. Open Track My Crypto add-ons page and click on ‘Free’.
2. Authenticate the access to your Google account.
3. After authentication, go to Add-ons → Track My Crypto → Add a Cryptocurrency, as shown in the image below.
4. Fill the cryptocurrency tracking form with threshold values and submit to see your crypto listed as shown above.
When the required threshold is met and the notifications are ON, you will receive email alerts as below so that you can make informed decisions about your trades.
- Remove Cryptocurrencies
Removing cryptocurrencies is as easy as adding new cryptos on this sheet. Simply go to Add-ons → Track My Crypto → Remove a Cryptocurrency.
Select the crypto you want to remove and hit ‘Submit’. The crypto will be removed from your tracking list and you will no longer receive alerts for that.
- Enable/Disable Email Notification
When you add a new cryptocurrency in the sheet, the notifications for it will be enabled by default. If you want to stop the notifications, there are two ways of doing it.
1. Go to, Add-ons → Track My Crypto → Stop Notifications. However, in this manner, you will disable notifications for the currencies in one go and will not be able to track currencies that you want to continue tracking. Similarly, you can start notifications which will again be applicable for all the cryptos in the sheet.
2. So the easy workaround to that is, simply edit the ‘Notification Status’ Column in your sheet and clear the status for a particular crypto you want to stop receiving the notifications.
How It Works
The sheet tracks price movements with the help of CryptoCompare and Currencylayer APIs.
Every hour, the app runs the script in the background and fetches the latest value of every cryptocurrency you have added by consuming CryptoCompare API and converts it to the currency you opted for. It also updates the sheet with the latest price values.
In case of any threshold breach, if the notifications had been enabled, it sends a mail to the owner of the spreadsheet. The best part is, you can change the threshold values at any point in time and the mail alerts will be sent accordingly.
Also, whenever you open the sheet, the prices refresh automatically and you can even update prices manually by selecting refresh under the Add-on menu.
Note: The background task can run more frequently rather than once in every hour, but for a Google Add-on, recurring tasks cannot run more frequently than once every hour.
At present, it only supports the currencies listed below but you can expect a longer list in the near future:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin Cash / BCC (BCH)
- DigitalCash (DASH)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Golem Network Token (GNT)
- IOTA (IOT)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Monero (XMR)
- OmiseGo (OMG)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Waves (WAVES)
- ZCash (ZEC)
Supported Fiat Currencies
Through this tool and APIs, you can track price movements of your cryptocurrencies in the following fiat currencies:
- US Dollar ($), USD
- Australian Dollar (A$), AUD
- British Pound (£), GBP
- Euro (€), EUR
- Indian Rupee (₹), INR
- Swiss Franc (Fr), CHF
So go ahead and use this tool to your benefit. Also, Do let me know if you are aware of other tools similar to this.
This tool is created and suggested by a community member Ganapathy. If you would like to submit a post, read the guidelines here. If you have other suggestions, send us an email at [email protected]coinsutra.com
Handpicked suggestions from CoinSutra to read next:
- Best Cryptocurrency & AltCoins Portfolio Management Apps of 2018
- What Not To Do After Investing In Bitcoin & Other Cryptos
- 10 Best Ways Of Earning Passive Income Online From Cryptocurrencies
- The Basic Online Security Guide For Cryptocurrency Baby Boomers
- 9 Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges In The World
A team of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experts lead by Harsh Agrawal. Trusted by over 1.1 million readers worldwide.