Believe it or not, but very few cryptocurrencies shot to fame as NEO did.
NEO, formerly known as Antshares, got very popular in 2017 after its rebranding that resulted in many investors making fortunes during that phase.
Today, NEO has reached modest price limits and is likely to rise again as its technological developments are being carried out at a rapid pace.
I have covered NEO in detail here: NEO Cryptocurrency-Everything You Need to Know about China Ethereum, so I will not get into it again but highly recommend you go through it.
How To Buy NEO
Given NEO’s popularity, it is not difficult to buy it as many cryptocurrency services dealing in NEO. However, before talking about those services, let’s talk about all the ways in which you can buy NEO.
- Buy NEO for fiat currency via bank transfers
- Buy NEO in exchange for other cryptocurrencies like ETH/BTC etc.
- Buy NEO for cash [peer-to-peer sources]
Now, the only problem is, once you know all these ‘how to’ ways, you just need to know ‘where to’ go and use these for buying NEO in today’s world.
Where To Buy NEO
#1. Buy NEO for fiat currency via bank transfers
Buying cryptocurrencies like NEO in exchange for fiat currencies like USD, EUR, GBP through centralized exchanges is quite easy. These exchanges provide you fiat linked crypto wallets in which you can deposit fiat currencies and buy NEO in exchange for it.
Some trusted services that allow you to do that to buy NEO are:
#2. Buy NEO in exchange for other cryptocurrencies like ETH/BTC etc.
Another easy way of getting hold of your NEO cryptocurrency is through centralized exchanges that deal in a variety of cryptocurrencies.
Through these exchanges, you can exchange one cryptocurrency for another crypto for a marginal trading fee. Similarly, if you have ETH, BTC, LTC or USDT, you can exchange these for your NEO cryptocurrency.
Below is a list of established cryptocurrency exchanges where you can exchange other cryptos for NEO.
- Binance: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH, NEO/USDT, NEO/BNB
- KuCoin: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH, NEO/USDT, NEO/KCS
- Bibox: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH, NEO/USDT
- Gate.io: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/USDT
- Bittrex: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH, NEO/USDT
- Bitfinex: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH
- Cryptopia: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/LTC, NEO/DOGE
- Livecoin: Supported pairs are NEO/BTC, NEO/ETH, NEO/USD
#3. Buy NEO for cash [peer-to-peer sources]
Buying NEO for cash in a peer-to-peer manner is tough because NEO doesn’t have a peer-to-peer escrowed platform like LocalBitcoins.
However, no one can stop you from dealing NEO in a peer-to-peer fashion if you find buyers and sellers. Also, in the absence of a peer-to-peer service, it becomes tough to find individuals who are interested in buying/selling the NEO cryptocurrency.
Lastly, one needs to be at guard from scams because escrowed services aren’t available yet for exchanging NEO.
Conclusion: Purchase NEO Cryptocurrency
Buying NEO is not difficult if you know about all the avenues to buy NEO. Moreover, holding NEO in NEO wallets as well in some exchanges like Binance gives your extra passive income in the form of NeoGAS.
- Also, do check-9 Best NEO Wallets to Store NEO & GAS Crypto
NeoGAS also can be traded easily on exchange for other cryptocurrencies. Some of the exchanges that allow you to do so are:
- Binance: Supported pairs GAS/BTC
- KuCoin: Supported pairs GAS/BTC, GAS/NEO, GAS/KCS
- Gate.io: Supported pairs GAS/BTC, GAS/USDT
Now it’s your turn to tell me: Are you invested in NEO? If yes, which method have you used to buy your NEO from the above list? Did I miss any other ways to buy NEO? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Do share this post with your friends if you find it informative.
Here are a few more articles that you should read next:
- Best Indian Bitcoin Websites To Buy Bitcoins [Mega List – 2018]
- 8 Best Websites/Ways To Buy Bitcoins In UK
- A Detailed Analysis of QTUM Cryptocurrency – a Beginners guide
- Learn How And Where To Buy Cryptocurrencies – Complete Guide
- Loopring: The Future Of Decentralized Exchange Protocol
- Monero Cryptocurrency: Everything You Need To Know